Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Muppet Mermaid Miss Piggy

Just a quick one for today. I've been known to have an unnatural love for the Pig, so you'll end up seeing her butchered and reassembled in many ways on this blog. Miss Piggy has appeared as a mermaid at least once on The Muppet Show, in the episode with Mac Davis.




I think I made this version of Miss Piggy as a Mermaid before I saw that episode, so I just went with what worked for her. It turns out "what worked" was severing one leg, entombing the other one in a tail and fins made of Sculpey, and then layering iridescent wrapping paper over her tail for scales. Her gloves (gotta wear the gloves)(are there hooves under there?)(are these prostheses?) and tank toppy thing have swirls of blue and silver on them. For a swimming swing, she came out okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment