Thursday, December 17, 2009

Rubber Duckie in Germany 1993-94



Getting launched out of a cannon near Heidelberg

For all of 1993 and 1994 I was living in Germany. It was an amazing time to be there, and I learned a lot about the German language, people and culture. I also learned a lot about my Rubber Duckie, and that he enjoys being put into pictures. He's always got a nice smile, doesn't blink when the flash goes off, and fits nicely into hands of statues, the mouths of cannons, and just otherwise makes the already scenic more scenic. I went back to Germany in 2008 and took Rubber Duckie with me again; there will be a "Rubber Duckie in Germany 2008" post someday.


With a lovely lady in the gardens of the palace in Karlsruhe



On the banks of the Rhine River...just before he fell in, and I had to go in after him. Stupid duck.

Perched on a curious statue in Marienplatz, beneath Heidelberg Castle.


Looking out from Burg Frankenstein, just outside of Darmstadt.












2 comments:

  1. sniff, sniff . . . I bin total verklemmt, doch. Jenes schoenes Fraulein bei Karlsruhe . . . . Hat's je eine schoenere Stadt als Karlsruhe gegeben? Nur vielleicht Heidelberg. Laugenbrotchen, yum!

    ReplyDelete