Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Beaker in Carbonite

My favorite Star Wars movie is The Empire Strikes Back, and some of my favorite scenes from that involve Han Solo getting "frozen" in carbonite. To the point that when I was a pup, it wasn't unusual to find my mom's freezer stocked with Star Wars action figures that had all been frozen into little Kennersicles. It was usually up to R2-D2 to save them all, which he did surprisingly well. Especially after my mom was tired of pushing aside the heroes of the Rebellion to get the frozen corn. Priorities, woman!


I figured of all the Muppets to end up frozen in carbonite, it would probably be Beaker, once again proving that he's not paid nearly enough to be Dr. Bunsen Honeydew's lab assistant. So I took an extra Beaker figure I had lying around, got some Plaster of Paris, and encased that kid in carbonite. He should be quite well protected. If he survived the freezing process, that is.



Success!



Bunsen, undoubtedly explaining to Beaker how Beaker screwed up.


The longest "meep."

2 comments:

  1. One of my all-time favorites. Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! Quinn, you are so awesome! I still have some of the cards you made for me years ago. The drawings you made are too good to ever toss! Love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete